I cannot believe it’s almost summer holidays already and another school year has passed! It’s always hard trying to think of special gifts for the teachers and teaching assistants who do so much to look after our children at school, especially as special needs teachers go way above and beyond the role that other teachers are expected to fulfil.
So here is my brief run down of simple but special gifts you could consider to buy for the teacher and teaching assistants that have taken care of your child this year.
Personalised jewellery gifts are always a lovely gift to receive. Chains Of Gold have a hands on customer service approach and work with every customer individually to help them to choose the font & style required. After all, the engravable space is limited so they can work with you to fit your request in as best they can.
They offer a next day delivery service (UK customers & if ordered Monday to Thurs before 2pm) and also ship internationally.I love this gold disc necklace “it takes a big heart to shape little minds”how perfect is that for a teacher who has helped your child to develop new skills this year!
What about putting together your own pamper hamper with lots of lovely goodies to help your teacher relax after a busy term. You could include some lovely Mediterranean body scrub and a scented candle, and of course all special needs teachers need a lovely hand cream because they wash their hands about 600 times a day.
I really like the Temple Spa range, their hand cream smells amazing, if I could add smellovision here I would!! They’ve got some great offers on at the moment too.
If you are looking for something a bit more traditional then what this lovely teachers tea gift setfrom Victoria Mae Designs? The messages on these are lovely, you could combine these lovely tea bags with a nice mug and a good book to make a lovely gift set to encourage the teachers to take a bit of time to relax after a long school year.
These packs of 8 or 16 teabags are packaged individually in unique teacher-themed paper envelopes. Handmade & designed specifically with words of thanks for a special teacher. They include a selection of flavours including Camomile, Rooibos, Indian Spice Chai, Mint (spearmint), Jasmine Green Tea and Honeybush.
Amara.com have a wide range of gifts and home-ware to choose from. ThisKate Spade tumbler is gorgeous, and ideal for keeping hydrated in the classroom! And their stationary “tackle box” is so lovely it makes me want to treat myself, is anyone else addicted to pretty pencils and washi tape?
I have a few people to buy for this year as William has 2 teachers sharing the role and other support staff working with him as well, teaching assistants, bus driver and escort etc. so I’ve found it hard to find something nice within our budget this time. Here are a few other ideas I’ve been considering although I still haven’t made up my mind 100%!
2. Monogram is everything at the moment and a lovely monogram mug for a cup of teachers tea would be a lovely gift idea. This one is by Bombay Duck from Amazon and would be lovely to combine with some teachers tea bags!
3. Chocolate truffles are ideal as a little gift, maybe add a box to a miniature champagne if you want to give something a little more than just chocolates? Monty Bojangles truffles are available in the supermarkets or you can get them delivered to your door from Amazon.
5. Scented candles are a gift I always love to give and receive and this lovely set from Essence + Alchemy includes a reusable brass plated tea-light holder and 3 of their lovely hand poured tea-lights. You can choose from ‘Relax‘ or ‘Floral‘ scents.
6. Another way to give a monogram gift would be a make-up bag like this cute one from Etsy seller Clouds and Currents.
7.GalaxyXtra is a brand new website which offers a wide range of inspirational gifts, products and helpful ideas for the home and garden. With plaques, signs, hangers, tags and lap trays, there really is something for everyone, with messages to cherish for you, your home, or as a unique gift for someone special.
8. Bath salts used to be a considered a bit of a grannies gift but they’ve made a come back recently and these Pink Himalayan Bath Salts with lavender, rose, geranium & chamomile from Etsy seller Bloomtown UKsound lovely and look pretty too.
9. I started with alcohol and I’m ending with it too! Gin is no longer boring, this is rhubarb and ginger flavour but Edinburgh Gins have other flavours to offer, the raspberry flavour sounds delicious.
I hope you have found this useful, please do share this with others if you see them struggling for gift ideas!